As usual, I bought this product on a whim when I spotted it in the duty free shop at the airport. I swear, I don't find good beauty products, they find me. (That sentence structure is called 'chiasmus' by the way. I just had my English exam so obviously AFTER the exam is when I remember all the terms I needed to know for the exam...). Anyways, I have very dry skin and it seemed for a while that no matter how good all my moisturizers were, I still couldn't get rid of that tight flaky skin! I thought that the problem might lie with the pH balance of my skin so I started my search for something to help get rid of the dryness (which is most prominent after I cleanse my face). So, needing something after my cleanser but before my moisturizer, I figured a toner was a good way to go (and also, a no-brainer).

Truthfully, I didn't have much hope for this product. To be honest? I fell for the gorgeous packaging. The quintessential Chanel double C-Cs, the minimalist design, and the gorgeous light pink bottle make it so appealing and I just thought...it would look so nice on top of my chest of drawers.

Little did I know that this toner packs a miracle! Literally within seconds of using it for the first time, my skin appeared brighter, all of the dry flaky skin went away and my skin felt so smooth.

Now, this is my holy grail toner. I absolutely have to use it after cleansing or else it just doesn't feel right! This is also a great product to wear on its own without moisturizer and it leaves your skin feeling just as satiated but without the greasy film that many moisturizers leave. I don't recommend skipping moisturizer all the time, since moisturizer has certain active ingredients necessary for your skin but if you're in a hurry and don't have time to wait for your moisturizer to sink in, this toner would be a great 2-in-1 product. It really helps makeup glide on perfectly.

Here's the description straight from Chanel's website:
_____________________________________________________________________

A fresh, light toner for normal-to-combination skin with the de-polluting power of Tulip Tree Extract and the emollient properties of Mallow Extract. Gently purifies while respecting skin's eco-balance, with velvety-smooth, radiant effects.

TULIP TREE EXTRACT, selected for its anti-pollution effect. The Tulip Tree has been planted in cities worldwide in an effort to help de-pollute the air. The tree’s shiny green leaves are covered with a protective wax that traps pollutants, which are then washed away when it rains. CHANEL PRÉCISION Cleansers and Toners utilize Tulip Tree Extract to remove impurities caused by pollution and protect the integrity of skin’s natural defense barriers. This helps to prevent free radical damage, which can lead to premature aging.

BIOGLUCANE boosts the cleansing action of Tulip Tree Extract and helps balance the skin without stripping its natural barrier, heightening the depolluting power of each formula in the collection.

_____________________________________________________________________

Chanel says that this product works optimally on Normal-to-Combination skin but I have dry skin and find that it works absolutely perfect on my skin and does exactly what a toner should do for dry skin.

Chanel has another version of this toner but for dry/sensitive skin (in a blue bottle, called Lotion Confort) as well as a version for combination-to-oily skin (in a green bottle, called Lotion Pureté). The variations of this toner all include different ingredients specifically formulated to treat the skin tone they're formulated for. For example, the Lotion Pureté specifically has mattifying properties that are important for oily skin (Meadowsweet Extract; used for sebum control). Also, the Lotion Confort has Arum Lily Extract, which they say hydrates the skin. (In case your wondering, the toner I use, the Lotion Douceur has Mallow extract, which is supposed to soften and smooth the skin and works to rid your skin of pollutants you absorb during the day).

Chanel claims that this toner gets rid of pollutants in your skin but I'm not quick to support this. Firstly, I think "pollutants" are a PR-fancy word synonymous with dirt. Your cleanser should take care of that and your toner shouldn't have to de-pollute anything. If you have residue dirt left on your cleansing pad when you tone, it just means that your cleanser is doing a bad job. Your toner has the responsibility of helping your skin stay balanced (not too oily, not too dry) and
brightening up your complexion. That's what Chanel's Lotion Douceur is perfect at.


Love,
Alona x

1 Response to 'My Holy Grail Toner: Chanel Precision Lotion Douceur'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://alonasbeautyblog.blogspot.com/2012/04/my-holy-grail-toner-chanel-precision.html?showComment=1395828639335#c7553813261028962978'> March 26, 2014 at 3:10 AM

    Hi, i'd like to ask why you didn't buy the one for dry skin (blue bottle) if you have very dry skin? :)

     

Post a Comment


Blog Archive