Family Skincare Secret!

Posted by Alona On 12:46 PM

Back in the 90s, my mum used to work in a travel agency. Due to the nature of her work, she was constantly on the phone and because phones in the 90s were that clunky horrible mess, she started to get breakouts right on the area where the phone touched her face. No matter how many times she wiped the phone, she'd still always end up with horrible pimples! Then, one day, a coworker suggested she try this paste that promised to instantly dry up pimples. My mom went out and bought this product. As soon as she got home, she put it on. The next day, her entire breakout had cleared up!! This miraculous product is Payot's Pate Grise Purifante.

Remember how in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", the dad used windex for everything? Well, that's how my mom is with the Pate Grise. When I was little and got a cut or scrape, she'd put Pate Grise on it. When I'd get bit by mosquitos, she'd put Pate Grise on it. When I'd get a rash, she'd put Pate Grise on it. I grew up around this product and saw it heal my cuts and scrapes, and when I reached puberty, I saw Pate Grise heal my pimples.

Pate Grise works by drying out the oils in your skin (and drying out the pimple) underneath your visible layer of skin. It is best applied before a pimple fully emerges (so apply it when you can see a pimple rising underneath your visible layer of skin). According to my mum, Pate Grise contains ingredients that help get rid of inflammation, so that's why it's useable on all parts of your skin (cuts, scrapes, rashes etc.).

Unfortunately, Pate Grise has stopped being stocked in duty free shops all over the world. You are most likely to find it at spas and skin care salons, especially in France and Spain. I wish this product was more readily available. The good side though, is that it lasts a very long time so if you can find this product, you don't have to worry about stocking up since 1 package can last you up to a year!

From the Payot website:

_____________________________________________________________________

Due to their anti-seborrheic nature, schist extracts activate the maturing process of blemishes whilst neutralizing bacteria. Talcum absorbs impurities.

A mythical formula created by Dr Nadia Payot, Pâte Grise has been the benchmark for flawless skin for 3 generations!

_____________________________________________________________________

As I grew older, and started getting pimples myself, I used Pate Grise on my pimples (especially on those who haven't erupted yet) overnight and I always woke up with improved skin. I really recommend this product for those who don't suffer from severe acne, but still have a few spots on their skin. This is great for all skin types and works best when applied to pimples that haven't fully "come out" yet.

Payot's Pate Grise is probably my most treasured skincare item and I hope it will be around for my entire lifetime! My mother and I don't know what we'd do without it!

Love,

Alona

x

0 Responses to 'Family Skincare Secret!'

Post a Comment


Blog Archive